February 20, 2020 (PC)
September 10, 2020 (Nintendo Switch)
Death and Taxes
Assume the role of a Grim Reaper and decide who lives and who dies... as an office job!
In this small Indie, narrative-based gem, you take the role of the Grim Reaper... on your first (and only) office job. You have to decide which people are going to live and which will die.
Your choices affect the world around you, as well as the world of the mortals. Keep the chaos away or foil plots to destroy the world and rise through the ranks of Reapers all the way up to MIDDLE-MANAGEMENT, wow!
Death and Taxes is a game in the vein of narrative-based indie titles, such as "Papers, Please", "Reigns", "Beholder" and "Animal Inspector" - to name a few. The consequences of your choices are yours to bear, while the mystery of your incarnation awaits revelation!
- Multi-layered choices that shape two different worlds simultaneously!
- Multiple endings [some of 'em VERY secret]!
- A mix-and-match customizable Grim Reaper!
- Quality voice acting for every NPC!
- Phenomenal writing, beautiful visuals and a smooth, atmospheric soundtrack!
Death and Taxes Nintendo Switch Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "#3 in Game Camps Kotka 2018"
Selected Review Quotes
- "Death and Taxes packs a big punch. It’s smart and witty, while touching on deeper themes, and balances simple gameplay with difficult conditions for winning.
- Courtney Ehrenhofler, TechRaptor
- "I never thought that playing as the Grim Reaper in a daily office job could be this fun and engaging."
- Davide Roriz, Bonus Stage
- "Death and Taxes is a very enjoyable game, and fans of point-and-click games like Papers, Please will absolutely love it."
- Jessica Boswell, KeenGamer