Silver Lemur Games
August 1, 2019 (Steam)
April 20, 2020 (Nintendo Switch)
Legends of Amberland
Nostalgia strikes true with this 90s-inspired, old-school, western RPG-esque dungeon crawler in which you command a party of up to seven characters!
Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown is a retro-style western turn-based dungeon crawler with RPG elements and a fairy-tale like story of noble heroes on an epic quest.
Its grid-and-90-degree-rotation-based movement system evokes such classics as Dungeon Master or Eye of The Beholder 2. The game tells many little stories, that help make its vast, open world feel very much alive.
The larger story revolves around the player's party of heroes (custom or pre-made) and their search for a relic of days past - the Amber Crown - an object allowing its wearer to control a great power, cursed by evil forces to be forgotten, erased from history. It supposedly belongs to the ruling king by birthright, and with the ongoing Ogre invasion, is something the kingdom desperately needs to survive the onslaught.
Experience the expansive world of Amberland, with many towers, castles, caves and dungeons hidden around every corner. Uncover the whole map with the help of the Griffin Riders Guild (assuming you manage to find their imprisoned guildmaster). Help many troubled souls along your quest per proper adventuring etiquette, and reap the rewards. Face many different foes, from underpaid halberdmen to fearsome arachnids and dragons. Brave swamps, frozen tundras, scorching deserts and more, as you travel the world, edge to edge. Do your best to uncover, understand and ultimately become... Legends of Amberland.
- Classic, 90 degree rotation, FPP, turn-based, tile movement RPG.
- Up to 7 highly specialised party members. (Pre-made or established through extensive character customization.)
- Expansive, meticulously designed open world, with organically designed progression paths.
- Many modern takes and improvements on the classic dungeon crawler formula. (Simplistic, fast-paced combat; easy inventory management, unlockable fast-travel, and more!)
- Easily digestable, fairy-tale story of noble heroes on an epic quest in a high-fantasy setting.
- Streamlined gameplay mechanics for ease of use with complex calculations behind the scenes.
- Designed with people who don't have much time for gaming on a day-to day basis in mind.
Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown Nintendo Switch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "#7 - Community Voted" 7th place in the RPG Codex GOTY poll of 2019
Selected Review Quotes
- "Of course I would always recommend the established classics to someone willing to explore the roots of the genre in the early 1990s, but there is a case to be made that we now have a new alternative for introducing dungeon crawlers to beginners.
- Dorateen, RPG Codex
- "I normally hate this type of game, but LoA does a great job at making it less tedious and more fun. 7/10"
- 1561, 1561
- "Very entertaining grid based blobber. Easy to grasp via a few tooltips and a couple of pages of explanations, providing dozens of hours of fun."
- Steam User: Vrab, Steam
Legends of Amberland: The Forgotten Crown (Switch)
Nintendo eShop Card.
Silver Lemur Releases Bundle
Complete catalogue of games released by the developer. Available for purchase on Steam.