Developers: Failcore, Pineapple Works (Steam)
Polishing, Porting & Publishing: Pineapple Works (Nintendo Switch)
Fight the Invisible Fist of The Free Market!
Inequality has skyrocketed! It’s now the highest in over a century. The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer while the middle class disappears.
“It does what it sets out to do a little too well.”
–Jamie Thomas Durbin, The Mad Welshman
The Invisible Fist is an absurd rpg-esque card game with random elements and a socioeconomic dark comedy pitting people from different social classes together in a fight against inequality and the Invisible Fist – narrated by a big-mouthed sports commentator.
“Personally, I think we need more games like this to help us turn a more critical eye on our own world.“
- 3 characters, each with a different set of tools and challenges
- 150+ Cards allowing you to Work, Relax and Rest – Rebalance your life!
- Supporting characters – they can heal you up, or give you quests for powerful special cards
- Random elements – Each character’s starting cards are randomly chosen from a pool, making sure no two playthroughs are the same
Pineapple Works has successfully completed work on this project! Here’s what we did for “The Invisible Fist”:
– Ported and overhauled the game for the Nintendo Switch system
– Provided the project with development/programming support
– Directly helped with development and carried out the Steam release (Windows & MacOS)
– Revised all in-game text
– Provided extensive QA
BUGS SLAIN: ~80
HOURS TAKEN: TBC
DEVELOPERS CONTENTED: 1/1
TEARS SHED: Thirtieth of a fish bowl
PINEAPPLE SLICES EATEN: TBC
SOULS SACRIFICED: 3
COFFEE CUPS EMPTIED: TBC
KEYBOARDS DESTROYED: 0
“EUREKA”S EXPERIENCED: N/A
PUNS SUFFERED: TBC